Well, this is progressing to be a meandering journey, folks.
Hey guys! We are proceeding towards an interim on my blog where I kind of ‘Vlog’ my experience on reading profused series for the first time. The last time that I did these particular schemes, you all appeared to adore it! So, I have elected to do one for a series that is swiftly maturing into one of my favourite series of all time – Percy Jackson series. So, in order to show my inclination and commendation for the novels in this series, I will be blogging about the occurrence that I have with the final novel in this series – The Last Olympian.
By the way, this is another one of those series that I have given all the books five phosphorescent and omnipotent stars. So, you can now see how engrossed I am in this series that I would strip away all businesses to finish it!
Well, without wasting more of my precious hours, we shall commence reading the book!
*For your information, I am blogging my experience for this novel so this article will be spoiler filled.*
It is currently 22:16 and I am advancing to embark on my quest to read this best-seller! If there is a way or any logical mechanism to concede my excitement to seep through the screen, you would witness me leaping around maniacally while I read the novel. I am gushing and uttering refuse. Oh wells, that is me every single day. *shrugs*
I shall update you all when I hit Page 50 or if I uncover any interesting provision in the novel, I will inaugurate the log entry so that you guys will discern on what I am explaining about and what page I am on.
Well, I am leaving now. Good-bye, good people.
Hi Guys. It had just been a few minutes since my last entry and I am only on Page 5 but I would like to share the conversation that Percy and Rachel had because… Call me a maniac but I am crackling up like an imbecile.
‘Yes… but, Percy, you’d be doing me a huge favour. It would be so much better if you were with us. Besides, there’s something I want to talk about -‘ She stopped abruptly.
‘Something you’d want to talk about?’ I asked. ‘You mean… so serious that we’d have to go to St Thomas to talk about it?’
I do not quite understand what is wrong with me (probably insane) but that conversation. Oh my Gods. Percy… Why?
Well, I am going back to reading!
I am currently on Page 117 and I do not think that you can tell how much I am hoarding this novel since my facial expressions cannot be manifested on the screen but attempt to conjure up an image in your brain through the words scrawled on the screen and you might get the brainchild of my bitchy joyful face.
Well, to update you guys on what in the living shit has transpired, I shall bequeath some erudition upon you all:
1. Charlie Beckendorf (a Greek demigod son of Hephaestus) soul had levitated into the heavens, or rather, descended into the Underworld. It was so incredibly depressing to contemplate a person who we had followed throughout the series to die in such a short span in the fifth book. Well, he died taking down a ship (Princess Andromeda) with an innumerable batch of Kronos minions which is astonishingly intrepid. Thus, his death shall be missed.
2. By the way, Rachel kissed Percy. I do not ship this relationship! I want him to end up with Annabeth, like, please.
3. Poseidon’s kingdom is under attack by a Titan named ‘Oceanus’ and we discerned that he was neutral in the first war between the Gods and the Titans, namely, Kronos. However, Oceanus swayed towards Kronos due to some bribery and he chose to have an affinity with him and thus, there’s a war under the sea.
4. Percy learns his Prophecy and let me tell you: It’s scary. Here goes:
‘A half-blood of the eldest Gods,
shall reach sixteen against all odds…
and see the world in endless sleep,
the hero’s soul, cursed blade shall reap.
A single choice shall end his days.
Olympus to preserve or raze.’
5. Do not notify me that you have not conceived of this because I had thought about throughout the whole series: Aren’t all of the demigods cousins? Is it not ominous to ‘fall-in-love’ with your cousin? Well, Rick Riordan has given us an answer to it!
I know you might be thinking: Aren’t all the demigods related on the godly side, and doesn’t that make dating gross? But the thing is, the godly side of your family doesn’t count genetically speaking since Gods don’t have DNA. A demigod would never think about dating someone who had the same godly parent. Like two kids from Athena cabins? No way. But a daughter of Aphrodite and a son of Hephaestus? They’re not related. So it’s no problem.
6. Grover has been gone for 2 months and we found out that the God of Dreams who is working with Kronos has granted him a ‘short’ nap which is 2 months. Apparently, the God of Dreams is scourging the land to examine if it is great for a full-fledged war.
7. Percy is being imprisoned by Hades because Hades wants his son- Nico to be the one the prophecy is talking about and he wants to be the King of the Gods… So? Yeah.
Well, I will update you guys tomorrow and I’ll go back to reading once again! Bye.
(2 weeks later…)
Oh boy. I did not update you guys on the fact that I had finished this novel 2 weeks before and also, I did not recommence on my reading progress for The Last Olympian. I was actually contemplating on even posting this article on my blog since I did not compose a proper ‘vlog’ style article for you guys and obviously, I feel devastated and guilty about it since I declared that I would post it on my blog an article ago. Well, I have decided that I would still publish it even though this article is incurable and extremely fragmented to the point that is beyond repair. Now, we shall commence with what I did prior to this week.
So, I had officially found a college in which I will be going to and I will be taking A-levels for my pre-university program! The tension of looking for the right college with the environment that I would enjoy finally perishes. Although I would have to travel to college by public transport for an hour plus, I am still really excited to experience college life and of course, studying once again. In case you are wondering what subjects I am taking, here’s a list of them:
Also, I was carousing Chinese New Year with my family, relatives and friends and that was part of the reason on why I did not update you guys as much and the ‘vlog’ style article is so detached from my previous one because I was so busy prattling with my relatives and rivalling with fireworks that I simply did not have time to update Y’all on my reading progress. I am so sorry 😦
With the reasons on why this article is so fractured aside, I would adore the idea of mentioning The Last Olympians right now. I incontrovertibly appreciated this novel and I was saddened when I hit the last page because reality strikes me that there would not be anymore Percy Jackson novels even though he is presented in Rick Riordan’s other series- The Heroes Of Olympian. However, that is not the same as Percy does not have a point of view so… I am such a mess.
I absolutely fancied the ending of the novel! I thought it was a perfect end to an impeccable series and I will definitely be reading more of Rick’s novels, starting with The Heroes of Olympian.
All in all, I am giving this novel a grading of A+ (100%) because of how much I relished on this novel and how incisive the writing is.
This is the end of the book ‘vlog’ for ‘READING PERCY JACKSON FOR THE FIRST TIME | THE LAST OLYMPIAN’ I hope you all enjoyed it and follow me with your email/Wordpress account to get notifications when I post a new article! Bye!