Hey Guys! I will be doing the ‘Mid-Year Freak Out’ Book Tag today! I was tagged by the lovely Azia from @The Uncharted World. Be sure to check out her Mid Year Book Tag after you have finished viewing mine! So, without further ado, let us get into the book tag!
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2017?
O-One Best book? Excuse me? No, No! Please.. I have quite a few books to show you all. Below will be a list of them!
Before you ask, there are actually a lot more books that I really enjoyed this ‘Mid’ year! But, unfortunately, I can’t think of anymore than I already have. So, here’s the list of books that I enjoyed so far this year! I will link all of the book reviews down below:
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Ensnared By Rita Stradling
- Noggin by John Corey Whaley
- King’s Cage by Victoria Aveyard
- The Ghost Of Heaven By Marcus Sedgwick
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
- Dreams Of Gods And Monsters By Laini Taylor
2. BEST SEQUEL OF 2017 SO FAR?
King’s Cage is the third book in the ‘Red Queen’ Series which I personally think that it is way better than the previous books- Red Queen and Glass Sword. Dreams of Gods and Monsters is, no doubt, one of my favourite sequel in the Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy. It’s action-packed, full of twist and turns and it was beautifully written! (I highly recommend you to check both of these book series out!)
3. NEW RELEASE YOU HAVEN’T READ YET, BUT WANT TO READ?
Oh my goodness! I have not picked this book up from the bookstore yet! Why have I not pick this beautiful book up yet? I am looking forward on me, picking this book up from the bookstore and reading it! I bet it’s going to be great because I loved the ‘Daughter of Smoke and Bone’ trilogy and Laini Taylor has a beautiful writing style.. So, Yes! I am looking forward on reading this!
4. MOST ANTICIPATED RELEASE OF THE SECOND HALF OF 2017?
A list of my most anticipated release of the second half of 2017!
1. All the Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater will be coming out on the 10th of October 2017. To be honest, I have not read any book by Maggie Stiefvater yet, but, this book’s synopsis sounds interesting and look at that beautiful cover, isn’t it gorgeous? Wonder
2. Wonder Woman: Warbringer by Leigh Bardugo, need I say more? This book is coming out on the 29th of August 2017. I can’t wait to read this book because firstly, my birthday is on the 28th of August. And secondly, I have watched the Wonder Woman film and I absolutely loved it! So, yes.. Can’t wait.
3. WarCross by Marie Lu will be coming out on the 12th of September 2017. I can’t wait to read this book because of the synopsis. It intrigued me!
4. Without Merit by Colleen Hoover. It is coming out on the 3rd of October 2017. I really want to read this book because of this:
“In Colleen Hoover’s gripping novel, reminiscent of the bestselling works of Liane Moriarty and Jojo Moyes, a young woman decides to reveal the dark secrets of her seemingly-happy family before she leaves them behind, but when her escape plan fails, she must deal with the staggering consequences of telling the truth.”
5. BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT?
This book disappointed me. I really thought it was going to be great! But, I was left there, disappointed. I have a review up for this book, I will link you to it if you want to know why I am disappointed with this book:
6. BIGGEST SURPRISE?
Noggin By John Corey Whaley! Oh my goodness! I loved this book so much! I really did not expect to like this book because the beginning was a little weird, but…BUT, I have grown to love the story after those beautiful unique weirdness!
7. FAVORITE NEW AUTHOR (DEBUT OR NEW TO YOU)?
Marissa Meyer who wrote The Lunar Chronicles series also wrote Heartless. I am in love with Marrisa Meyer’s writing style! I can’t believe I have not read The Lunar Chronicles series yet! (I cannot wait to get the box set of it!) & [Regarding to the question above, Marrisa Meyer is one of my new favourite author!]
8. NEWEST FICTIONAL CRUSH?
Still Mare from the Red Queen Series, Guys.
9. NEWEST FAVORITE CHARACTER?
Definitely Starr from The Hate U Give! Because she’s so sweet, brave and kind.
10. BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY?
None! At least.. Not yet? Wait! Wait! I have one for this:
I did cry when I was reading The Hate U Give! It was heartbreaking and it hurt my heart so hard.
11. BOOK THAT MADE YOU HAPPY?
Ensnared made me happy! I loved that ending so much! I might re-read this book soon. If you have not read this book yet, I highly recommend you to do so because this book is awesome.
12. FAVORITE BOOK TO MOVIE ADAPTATION YOU’VE SEEN THIS YEAR?
I re-watched the movie.. Does it count? I think it does, so… I have re-watched Mocking Jay: Part 2 this January and it was fantastic! I loved both the book and the movie! They are both fabulous unicorns.
13. FAVORITE REVIEW YOU’VE WRITTEN THIS YEAR?
Noggin by John Corey Whaley’s book review! I absolutely enjoyed the process of writing that review.
14. MOST BEAUTIFUL BOOK YOU BOUGHT OR RECEIVED SO FAR THIS YEAR?
The Gracekeppers by Kristy Logan. The synopsis intrigued me and also I bought this book because of the cover. [I am so sorry, I shouldn’t judge the book by its cover but we tend to do that as a human being so… #Sorrynotsorry]
15. WHAT BOOKS DO YOU NEED TO READ BY THE END OF THE YEAR?
The Twilight Saga, Beautiful Creatures series, Hush,hush series.. Etc!
This is the end of my ‘Mid year Freak Out’ book tag! I am not going to tag anyone so feel free to do it if you want to!
I hope you all enjoyed it and follow me with your email/wordpress account to get notifications when I post a new article! Bye!